Structural Unemployment: The Coming Crisis
I have a guest post at Angry Bear: Could Advancing Job Automation Technology Cause Structural Unemployment?
I also discuss this issue in two posts here:
The Lights in the Tunnel
You can read the introduction and see the complete table of contents here.
What will the economy
of the future look like?
Where will advancing technology, job automation, outsourcing and
This groundbreaking book by a Silicon Valley computer engineer and entrepreneur explores these questions and shows how accelerating technology is likely to have a highly disruptive influence on our economy in the near future—and may well already be a significant factor in the current global crisis.
THE LIGHTS IN THE TUNNEL employs a powerful thought experiment to explore the economy of the future. An imaginary "tunnel of lights" is used to visualize the economic implications of the new technologies that are likely to appear in the coming years and decades.
The book directly challenges nearly all conventional
views of the future and illuminates the danger that lies ahead if we do
not plan for the impact of rapidly advancing technology. It also
offers unique insights into how technology will intertwine with
globalization to shape the twenty-first century and explores ways in which
the economic realities of the future might be leveraged to drive
prosperity and to address global challenges such as poverty and climate
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Robot Revolution and Jobs: “Humans Need Not Apply”
- “Humans Need Not Apply” — A video about the robot revolution and jobs
- Robots, AI and Jobs – Links
- Russian Edition of “The Lights in the Tunnel” Now Available
- Technology and Unemployment – Links
- Robots, AI and Economics – Links
- University of Warwick PPE Forum, Coventry, UK
- IMPAKT Festival, Utrecht, NL
- 47% of U.S. Jobs Could Be Automated with the Next Two Decades
- Will Automated Cars Drive Economic Growth?
- Links – Automation, Robots, AI and the Job Market
- Could Robots and Automation cause an Unemployment Crisis — CACM Article
- The Automated Economy — How Will it Work?
- Links – Robotics, AI, Automation
- Technology is Killing Jobs for Skilled, College Educated Workers
- How will technology affect society in the future?
- The Robot Revolution and Jobs: "Humans Need Not Apply"
- About econfuture / Martin Ford - Author, Futurist and Keynote Speaker
- "Humans Need Not Apply" -- A video about the robot revolution and jobs
- ASIMO Robot from Honda
- "The Economist" on Innovation and Jobs
- Technology making jobs obsolete...
- Could Income Inequality Lead To Civil Unrest in the United States?
- Robots Stealing Jobs? - CNBC
- Could Robots and Automation cause an Unemployment Crisis -- CACM Article