Structural Unemployment: The Coming Crisis
I have a guest post at Angry Bear: Could Advancing Job Automation Technology Cause Structural Unemployment?
I also discuss this issue in two posts here:
The Lights in the Tunnel
You can read the introduction and see the complete table of contents here.
What will the economy
of the future look like?
Where will advancing technology, job automation, outsourcing and
This groundbreaking book by a Silicon Valley computer engineer and entrepreneur explores these questions and shows how accelerating technology is likely to have a highly disruptive influence on our economy in the near future—and may well already be a significant factor in the current global crisis.
THE LIGHTS IN THE TUNNEL employs a powerful thought experiment to explore the economy of the future. An imaginary "tunnel of lights" is used to visualize the economic implications of the new technologies that are likely to appear in the coming years and decades.
The book directly challenges nearly all conventional
views of the future and illuminates the danger that lies ahead if we do
not plan for the impact of rapidly advancing technology. It also
offers unique insights into how technology will intertwine with
globalization to shape the twenty-first century and explores ways in which
the economic realities of the future might be leveraged to drive
prosperity and to address global challenges such as poverty and climate
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- “Rise of the Robots” in China – Some Random Observations
- Rise of the Robots — Reviews
- Rise of the Robots – Book Events, May 2015
- My New Book “Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future” – releasing on May 5, 2015
- “The Lights in the Tunnel” is now available in Japanese – (テクノロジーが雇用の75%を奪う 単行本)
- Read “The Lights in the Tunnel” for Free Until March 1, 2015 (PDF)
- The Robot Revolution and Jobs: “Humans Need Not Apply” (video)
- “Humans Need Not Apply” — A video about the robot revolution and jobs
- Robots, AI and Jobs – Links
- Russian Edition of “The Lights in the Tunnel” Now Available
- Technology and Unemployment – Links
- Robots, AI and Economics – Links
- University of Warwick PPE Forum, Coventry, UK
- IMPAKT Festival, Utrecht, NL
- 47% of U.S. Jobs Could Be Automated with the Next Two Decades
- "Rise of the Robots" in China – Some Random Observations
- How will technology affect society in the future?
- About econfuture / Martin Ford - Author, Silicon Valley Entrepreneur and Keynote Speaker
- The Economic Implications of Intelligent Machines
- Could Fast Food Automation Replace Low Wage Workers?
- Productivity and Employment -- A Structural Change?
- Why the Robot Revolution May Turn Out Worse than you Think
- Google: Cloud Computing, Machine Learning--and Self-Destruction?
- Will an Aging Population Result in a Shortage of Workers?
- Rise of the Robots -- Reviews